View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
The Architectural Advisory Committee meets the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, as needed, except in August.
Applications submitted to:
Architectural Advisory Committee
- June 23, 2020- 55 Old Quarry Road Approved
- July 14, 2020 - 890 Ethan Allen Highway Approved; 901 Ethan Allen Highway Approved, 125 Danbury Road Approved
- July 28, 2020 - 125 Danbury Road (Contd.), 125 Danbury Rd (Pylon sign), 17 Catoonah St. Approved
- August 11, 2020 (Special Meeting)- 400 Main Street Approved
- September 08, 2020- 17 Catoonah St ( contd.), 88 Danbury Road Approved
- September 22, 2020- 63 Copps Hill Road Approved
- October 13, 2020 387-395 Main Street Approved
- October 27, 2020, 3 Danbury Road Approved
- November 10, 2020, 108 Danbury Road Approved
- November 24, 2020, 125 Danbury Road Approved
- December 08, 2020, 32 Danbury Road Approved with recommendations
- January 12, 2021, 125 Danbury Road Approved
Village District Consultants
- 17 Catoonah Street (#2020-041-VDC) Approved
- 400 Main Street (#2020-043-VDC) Approved
- 387-395 Main St (#2020-056-VDC) Approved
The Architectural Advisory Committee serves as the Village District Consultant and reviews all applications for exterior work and signs in the Village District (the Central Business District = CBD zone, the downtown Ridgefield business area).
- Village District Application submitted via Online Permittting System
- Village District Fees and Checklist
- Village District FAQ'S
The AAC reviews all applications for Special Permits (site plans for commercial and institutional developments, multi-family developments, signs, etc.). Members of the AAC have expertise in architecture, landscape architecture, lighting and planning. The AAC acts in an advisory capacity to the Planning and Zoning Commission, and has an important role in guiding the design of building and maintaining the character of the Town of Ridgefield.
If you need to schedule a meeting, please call the Planning and Zoning Office at (203) 431-2766.
|John K. Kinnear, Jr.||Chairman|
|Glenn Lounsbury||Vice Chairman|