View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
CREDIT FOR PERSONS 65 & OVER
The Ridgefield Assessor’s office will be accepting applications from qualified homeowners for the “Town Program for Tax Relief” from January 1, 2024 through April 1, 2024.
In order to qualify:
- You must be 65 years of age or older by December 31, 2023.
- You must have resided at or paid real estate taxes on your residence for one year prior to your application.
- The property must be your legal domicile and occupied 183 days of the year.
- You must not be receiving any other exemptions on any properties in any other state or within CT.
Homeowners currently receiving this benefit need not reapply. For applications and more information you can reach the Assessor’s office at 203-431-2706.
The Assessor's Office is responsible for completing reports for the State of Connecticut. The sales assessment ratio study for the State of Connecticut is conducted through the Assessor's Office on a continual basis and is one of several factors that determines the amount of State aid the Town receives for school aid.
The Assessor's Office actively looks for out-of-state license plates on motor vehicles located in the Town of Ridgefield for the personal property tax list.
The Assessor's Office also annually audits several business accounts to determine if the personal property rendition is filed properly. In doing so, a review of a company's general ledger, fixed asset list and schedule 4562 depreciation schedule as filed with the Internal Revenue Service is performed. Businesses are contacted to list all their assets located in the Town of Ridgefield. Field inspections are made to various real estate properties, where the Assessor then performs a reappraisal of all new construction and additions. Property transfers are processed consisting of reading deeds, property descriptions, and confirming property lines.
The Assessor's Office also processes the proration of new construction permits.
*** Please use Adobe Reader for best results. ***
Contact us if you need:
- If you have questions regarding Tax Exemptions or Assessment related matters.