View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
How to Reach Us
The Inland Wetlands Board reviews development proposals and issues permits for regulated activities (disturbance of soil, filling or removal of soil) adjacent to or within designated inland wetlands areas and watercourses.
- Inland Wetlands Board 2018 Meetings Schedule
- Inland Wetlands Board 2019 Meeting Schedule
- Inland Wetlands Board 2020 Meeting Schedule
- Inland Wetlands Board 2021 Meeting Schedule
- Inland Wetlands Board 2022 Meeting schedule
- Inland wetlands Board 2023 meeting Schedule
- List of the current Inland Wetlands Board members and their terms
The process is designed to prevent unwarranted intrusions into fragile wetlands and watercourses or adjacent areas, and to protect the waters of the State of Connecticut.
Project development within the Town of Ridgefield is regulated, primarily, by two elected municipal agencies, the Inland Wetlands Board and the Planning and Zoning Commission.
The Town has a Wetlands and Conservation Inspector who inspects developments for permitted activities, enforces the Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Regulations (IWWR) of the Town, and is available to answer questions about the regulations and the permit process.
Contact us if you need:
- Information about developing or disturbing land adjacent to or in wetlands and watercourses
- Filling or removing material in wetlands or watercourses
(Note: The process is the same for Administrative and Board permits, but Administrative permits require less information. Call the Agent/Inspector at 431-2383 for assistance with the application.)
* Appointed to fill vacancies for unexpired terms, elected in subsequent election years.